I am a licensed psychologist specializing in eating disorders, anxiety disorders and perfectionism.
My Therapeutic approach
My training is based in third-wave CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) approaches, such as ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and Dialetical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). I also integrate feminist relational and social justice frameworks into my therapy. I believe a good therapeutic relationship is absolutely crucial, as I see my job as helping you to understand your own patterns in order to unlock the wisdom within. I trust that my clients will move towards growth and wellness naturally if given the proper environment to do so - namely a supportive, engaged environment in which to practice vulnerability and authenticity. Once we are in touch with our inner wants and needs, we can more easily move towards what is truly important to us, rather than trying to satisfy ourselves with doing what we think is expected. I also have found meditation to be extraordinarily helpful in my clinical work, and integrate this into sessions as appropriate.
Educational and professional background
- Psy.D in Clinical Psychology from APA- Accredited PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology from APA- Accredited PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium
- B.A. in Psychology from Boston College
- APA-Accredited Postdoctoral Fellowship at Kaiser Oakland Enhanced Outpatient Eating Disorders Clinic
- APA-Accredited Internship at UC Davis Student Health and Wellness Center, Eating Disorders Emphasis
- Practicum student at Stanford School of Medicine Psychiatry Department
- Counselor at McLean Hospital's OCD Institute